Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snow in the Desert and Bead Artists Against Breast Cancer

It's the rarity of snow in the desert that turns me into a kid, running for the camera every time it happens. This was the most unlikely of reactions when we lived back East when February brought that slushy, messy snow and yearnings for the beach or other such warm sunny climates! But this was the scene that greeted me this morning as I made my way to the kitchen to start the coffee maker.


When I ventured out for a few photos,  I was able to form a small snowball to bring inside for curious kitties.



This week-end also marked the deadline for the mailing of my contribution to the Bead Artists Against Breast Cancer event run by Jeanette Shanigan from Wasilla, Alaska, who explains how she started this event in the mid-2000's as a tribute to her mother who died of breast cancer. For more details, please see Jeanette's web site.

This was the first year I participated in the event and created two squares. The first was my own design using a Carl Sandberg quote superimposed on an image of two hands and held in place by a beaded frame. The second square was a design offered on Jeanette's web site. The beaded quilts are sold in auction with the proceeds donated to the Medical College of Wisconsin. Kudos to Jeanette for her fine work!


The Bead Artists Against Breast Cancer and Jeanette's program is endorsed by Bead and Button Magazine. Click here to read a blog post for the 2011 program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads