Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Finds! Bead Buddy Design Save 'N Go Caddy

I think most beaders usually have a couple projects going at any one time. There are many different methods for storing projects. Personally, I like trays. I have four of them that I line with a bead mat and then cover with a terry towel to keep curious kitties away from the beads and threads. But I am always on the look-out for clever travel options. During a recent trip to Joanne Fabrics, I came across the Bead Buddy Design and Save 'N Go. I had never seen them there before and, of course, I didn't have the weekly coupon with me to save 50%. I somehow fought the impulse purchase urge and promised to return the next day with coupon in hand.


The next day I returned, coupon in hand, and saved a cool 50% on the $18 caddy, paying about $9! Feeling smug and rather self-satisfied, I could't wait to get it home to see how it worked out. It's just a tad big for travel but I carry a fairly large carry-on duffle that should hold it.


I will give it a test run during an upcoming trip to Las Vegas and will report back on the portability factor. The padding in it is quite nice - very thick. There is also a cardboard ruler guide which I found somewhat worthless but that's just me. Others may find it useful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads