Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Inaugural Post: 42 Days Until Christmas


Today, I did some e-housekeeping chores and I am convinced that time in front of the computer is the cyber-equivalent to dog years. Minutes fly by and pretty soon, the afternoon is gone and my only tasks were updating some photos on my web site and starting this blog. I still haven't figured out how to connect it to my web site, other than the link in my personal information.  But first things first, let's get some content out here.

Thanks to the eBay web site, I am reminded that there are only 42 days until Christmas. How can that be possible? I am facing a full single-space page of the beading projects to be finished in that time, during the evenings and week-ends when I can carve out some time.

Pitt Peyote
Today, I posted some pics of a commission project for my dear friends, Stu and Dar. Given two choices, they selected the project to the left -- Pitt peyote, which is fashioned from a pattern by Kumiko Mizuno Ito in her book, Beadweaving Brilliance.

Purple Rain for Aunt Dee




Then, I finished a peyote bracelet that I started last year and wrapped up the day by taking photos of one of my favorite pieces, named Purple Rain, which will be part of Aunt Dee's Christmas gift.

Tomorrow, I head to a bead show where I will purchase my last beads of the year.  I am vowing to use nothing but my bead stash in 2011.  Check in for my New Year's resolution blog to hear more about this daunting goal.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Paula, Our "Pitt Peyote" arrived a short while ago and we could not wait another minute to tell you, "WOW!" The jewelry is spectacular and its brilliance far outshines the website photo. The creative, unique design flows like fine art. Congratulations. This piece is a winner and a one-of-a-kind gift! Thank you for making us look like geniuses.
Love, Dar & Stu

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Darluey,

You are the best! So glad you liked them.

Darlene said...

Paula, This follow-up post is no surprise. The "Pitt" pieces were big hits with the coeds and all the folks who have seen the jewelry.
Thanks again.
Darluey

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads