Friday, November 19, 2010

The Busiest Booth at BABE

I promised I would tell you all about the booth at BABE that had non-stop traffic during my visit last week-end. It was none other than Craft Fantastic. I was first attracted by the group of ladies standing by the table to watch a demonstration using various glass shapes to build a pendant. You glue two images with back sides together and apply a little glue to one front side over which you lay the glass shape.  Then you cut around the glass, wait for it to dry and apply glue to the image on the back side.  Affix a bail and you have a custom pendant, earrings or cabochon! It seemed easier than the kits I had used previously that required mixing ingredients.  No mixing was involved here and the end results were lovely. I decided to purchase a kit for myself and one to give as a holiday gift.  We had our choices of imagines so I chose the very popular Day of the Dead and Cowgirl images.

So I did quite well at the BABE with my Melanie Potter kit, the glass pendant kits, a bead crochet kit (which I have wanted to learn), my seed beads and a lovely glass pumpkin as a gift for our administrative assistant. You'd think that would be it for my 2010 purchases but I had a couple eBay auctions pending for three bead lots. Now, if I could just win the bids, that would really set me up for 2011!

And "win" I did.  All three lots -- one a lot of delicas and seed beads...

...the second of toggles and clasps

...and the last of crystals

It's like Christmas already!! The seller indicated she had decided to discontinue her bead hobby and was selling her bead stash. I can hardly wait until they arrive!  Now I am officially done with purchases for 2010 and have made a resolution to limit any 2011 purchases to findings that are required to finish projects and classes. Follow along with my updates to see how well I maintain my resolution.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads